Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Preface

Thirteen months later and I have decided to embark on another post. This is for a handful of reasons a) I feel like my brain is turning to mush since finishing up uni last year and I need some kind of outlet to put ideas on paper (or screen) b) I was reading my myspace blog the other day and loved the fact that I have two years of my life pretty thoroughly documented and documented in such a frank and honest way, it makes for amusing reading c) Meagan inspired this d) I felt the need to add another layer of nerd to my already nerdy personality.

So I can make up a bit of lost time I will take note of a few significant events of the last year or so (purely so if I do print this off some day and compile some kind of journal I will have some context for the subsequent posts written).

* Completed my Bachelor of Arts and graduated from Melbourne Uni this year. After failing in my attempts to get into law this year (for a variety of reasons, my ineptitude and Jake getting his skull fractured in multiple places at the time applications were due), I will try again next year.

*In the meantime I'm planning to save money for a trip to South America next year, with the first 26 day leg hopefully being booked next week. The first leg will cover Peru, Bolivia and Argentina. I'm not going to lie, I'm going alone (with a tour group of strangers) and the thought makes me a little nervous to say the least but I guess it is one of those "character building" experiences. After the first leg I will be travelling to Rio for Carnival and staying in Brazil for another week or so for furthering adventuring.

*After much initial indecision on my behalf and enduring varying degrees of external social awkwardness, Rhys and I have been together for just over two months now. We became official the night spent in Melbourne after his two weeks in Japan and before his departure for Vegas the next day. I'm happy with him. I hope he's happy with me. He's a lovely person :)

*Three of my favourite people in the world are abandoning me next week (abandon seems a pretty harsh word for it, it makes me sound like a puppy they have dumped at Christmas time but I couldn't think of an appropriate and less dramatic synonym). Jessie is moving to Bendigo for 5 - 6 months, Brodie is jet-setting around the world for 4 months and Tan is moving to the Gold Coast. I'm excited for them, not so excited for me.

*I haven't eaten meat for six months now and am making a conscientious attempt to avoid purchasing leather products. Im all about "pleather" and synthetic materials now. Hardly high fashion but it would be hypocritical for me not to eat meat but still wear leather.

Ok, that's enough for now. This is boring me so I can only imagine how much this is boring an outsider if you are unfortunate enough to stumble across this. Finally, for the purposes of accuracy this will be an honest record (with the exceptions of the extremely personal and I will use pseudonyms when appropriate), however I will mostly try to avoid this. Honesty is the best and by far the most interesting policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment