Sunday, May 16, 2010

Build-a-human

Today I was contemplating my disappointment with my face, body, lack of one talent that I can define myself by/that I was freakishly good at and so on and so forth. Some people are born with amazing pitch and a perfectly tuned ear for music, others are naturally good painters, some people naturally make better acrobats and some people can retain so much information that they will naturally be amazing scientists, doctors etc. Some people become comedians because they have the innate ability to make any situation funny and make people laugh without even making a concerted effort. The examples are endless. I'm envious of people that have a specialized talent or are a leader in their field. Sure I'm good at a few things but there's is nothing special or exceptional about being a good all-rounder. That being said, being the very best at everything would make you a super human and that is impossible (unless you were Leonardo Da Vinci who in my opinion was closest person in history in achieving super human status). All of this had me thinking, that if I were to have the opportunity to rebuild myself from scratch, what qualities would I steal from others....

Face: A toss-up between Grace Kelly, Natalie Portman, Adriana Lima and Beyonce Knowles
Body: Salma Hayek
Brain: A combination of the knowledge of Leonardo Da Vinci, Richard Dawkins, Barry Jones and Peter Singer
Voice: Whitney Houston or Florence from 'Florence and the Machine'

There are many more qualities I wish I could poach from others but for the time being (until science advances to the point that I can upload knowledge from other people's brains for instance), I will have to be content will my freckly, short and somewhat mediocre self.

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing individual!
    You are beautiful, smart (extremely!, something I would poach from you), you are also super witty (something else I would poach), you are far more than an average all rounder... you are Emma fucking Barnes for gods sake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember how that inspirational speaker came to our school and spoke about putting compliments into a "compliment bank" or sorts. That comment of yours is so going in my compliment bank for a rainy day when I'm feel particularly emo. Whilst I dont quite agree with your compliments I thank you for them anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with Meagan!! You are someone who many people look up to and admire! You are the most amazing person i know! I wish i was half the person you are!

    ReplyDelete