Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Scattered

I already feel uncomfortable with the lack of structure this blog is going to take. One thing stressed at uni more than anything was that when writing (essays in particular) ensure it has a clear and coherent structure and that it flows nicely. Considering I have now officially been an "alumni" for the last 6 months perhaps I can relax such rules...

My mind feels like a scattered mess today. Correction, my mind has been a scattered mess for the last week or so. One minute I feel incredibly happy, the littlest things make me laugh and I fall asleep with ease (a rarity believe me). Other days or even just moments in days, I feel listless, bored with a bit of self-loathing thrown into the mix. I don't know what I can attribute the latter feelings too. I have an awesome family, loyal and fun friends, an amazingly lovely boyfriend and the coolest dog going around but still get moments of the sads. Why? Possible reasons...

1. I've never been rejected or faced as many set-backs as I have in the last 6 months in relation to study. Everything used to come so easy! I wrote an application, sent it in, waited and pow! I was in. Now everything seems so much harder. Perseverence is key but if anyone had the amount of set-backs I've had recently they too would be disheartened.
2. Travel seems so far away. I would like to go now please. I feel like I'm getting stifled by the hills.
3. I'm bored and unmotivated.


I just wish I could rewind back to summer and slow down time so I can relive the days and nights at Rosebud and Rye, drinking at the Portsea pub and lazing on the beach all day.


On a couple of unrelated notes:
* The news tonight featured a report on damage to Myki ticketing systems at railways. Upwey ranked 5th having 15 incidents of damage last year. Upwey is finally on the map. Go Upwey! We have quality, dedicated station rats.
*Despite the considerable flak the Rudd government has copped in recently (at times deserved), I'm impressed with the federal budget. There. I said it.

I just realised how incredibly self-indulgent and emo this blog is so I'll leave it at that I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment